The 4 Mosinoh's

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Mr & Mrs A.Mosinoh

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

No More Yoga for Christian??

Okie , this thing have been around for a few days, but never bother about it anyway until............



I read today's newspaper, Daily Express



According to it, George Thien, Sacred Heart Cathedral Youth counsellor said that it is not difficult to understand the reason why Fatwa is banning Muslims on yoga, because it involve mantra (chants) and the concept of oneness with God which are based on Hindu beliefs and, thus, deviate the faith of Muslim.

And as Tun M said " It is not as if by performing Yoga you immediately become a non-Muslim" or should I say U will become a Hindu!

Sigh ............... sigh ...................sigh ..........................sigh...............................

Understood! If its with the Chanting & meditation of course its haram kan, but what if its only involve exercises & stretching? So Wendy is a devoted Hindu now because she went to Yoga class every week? sigh.........This has now becoming a religious issue.


And now the Catholics also not in favour of yoga?sigh .......

3 comments:

THE CONCEPT said...

Why can't we think for ourselves, why we need some (busy) body to come out and say this is right and that is wrong.
When I attend a function organised by the church, I sing hymns along with my christian friends.
I hold my palms up during a doa selamat kenduri.
In an estate hindu temple yearly festival, I apply the tilak (on my forehead) and eat off a banana leaf.
I have been doing this since I was a teenager, and today in my fifties, I am still a devout Taoist.

Joan D'Arcy said...

hmmm... I still do yoga, I dont see in anyways that our yoga steps go against the religion... We dont chant, we dont meditate (no mind corruption).. Maybe I should invite Mr George to join our session and ask if his mind got corupted or not :p

Fiona said...

Cel, hahahahaha ...sija baitu durang tu, nothing else to do ..skrg kan whatever ppl say bahaya tu ...buli jadi isu sudah ...hmmmmm up to us lah kan ...