The 4 Mosinoh's

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Mr & Mrs A.Mosinoh

Friday, August 8, 2008

08.08.08

Today is 8.8.08 which is considered as one of the luckiest day ever by Chinese.The Chinese believe that 8 is a number that brings both wealth and good fortune, even the pronunciation of the number 8 in Cantonese and Mandarin is similar to that of the word prosperity. (I should have wear a red dress today to work so who knows I might get lucky? hehehehe ...)

But Lucky 8 is not for China this year. I'm having doubts that the year 2008 will bring any luck to them altho' there were high hopes for the year 2008 because Beijing will be hosting the prestigious summer Olympics. Especially after last month devastating earthquakes -- one of the worst in China's modern history -- and the snowstorms that crippled most of the country earlier this year, as well as the riots and unrest in Tibetan areas. There's a rumours saying that this year is a disaster year and that maybe the Olympics won't go smoothly. Two of China's top athletes, hurdler Liu Xiang and basketball player Yao Ming, are injured, and some Chinese are saying that this is further proof that the number eight may be jinxed. (by Lord Voldermort maybe ..hehe)


Anyway as I know the Olympic Games will be starting to kick-off today, on the luckiest day of the year. And people rushing to get married too! Speaking of wedding , my childhood friend, used to be my best buddy ever is getting married today. Well she did invite me tho' but since I can't get leave from work so I'm not attending her Wedding Mass today (so sad!!). We used to be best friend last time, we share a lot of things .. from our happy & sad time, our ups & downs, gossiping & shopping and all the things that girlies do! we even work in a same company, until ......??? I can't really remember the real reason, but friendship just stop like that. Why do relationship turn awry?? why???? **benggonnggg...(Confuse..)

Anyway , I do wish the newly wed couple Congratulations & hope you have a happy year ahead ... !! (and usual comments from Asian people..."Hope you have lots & lots & lots of children so you can join the club ...hahahahahahaha) I'm bad... :p

No comments: