The 4 Mosinoh's

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Mr & Mrs A.Mosinoh

Monday, August 11, 2008

Chinese School VS Kebangsaan School

Phoebe will be starting her Kindy next year so I haven't decided which school to send her ...yet! I would really love to send her to St Francis Convent. Not that I want her to be "another convent girl", hey I was a convent girl also ya ... only in my primary lah! But because it is nearer to my office place & to her after-school care.

I heard a lot of people saying that Kebangsaan school is not good because they are not strict enough, compare to the Chinese school. But a few of my friends also said that Chinese School really "suck-blood" like leaches .... So I am totally confused! My friends said Chinese school used to torture your kids like giving them a lot of homeworks and etc so the kids will have no time for other thing , than study study and study ...(my, how dull is their life kan??)

So I consider this matter as a very Important to me , I would like to know all of you mummies out there why did u choose Chinese or kebangsaan school for your kids? Is there really any difference after all? Do you regret your choice? Thanks Mummiesss!!!

3 comments:

Joan D'Arcy said...

I want my kids to learn the language - meaning able to read & write. But I dont want them to loose their innocence (U know KC, his daughters were stressed up being in Chinese schools ~ they are migrating to Melbourne next year for better education). But again, it depends on how the parents see it. I wont be able to tahan if my kids are FORCE to learn.. they should love knowledge macam minum air.. my 2 cents. =)

Alternatively, I hope able to find a patient teacher to teach the kids basic Mandarin.. and let them learn from there. Meaning that Chinese School is out of our list.

AshleyLyvJin said...

hello..aunty...my mum asked me to give my opinion...since I was a former chinese school student...If I was given a choice again, I would pick chinese school...because not only can you learn to speak and read chinese, it is also easier to find a job in the future...BTW,aunty was right about the pressure in chinese school...but this can train us to be stronger when you're in secondary school...(can also 'curi2 dengar' when people gossip...)
oklah...anyway..that's just my opinion...different people different views...

Fiona said...

Hi Ash, just saw ur comment today. We will think abt it .. Thanks girl

Len, kesian oso si KC punya anak ya ...